Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Burnt Marshmallow Art - The Burn

Over the last few weeks I've started a new candy themed art project for a series of fine art photograph/mixed media piece called "Senses".  The theme of this piece is texture and marshmallows.  You can read about our past progress here and here.
 I haven't really worked on the burnt marshmallow art piece in a little while for two reasons.  One is that I'm just finishing up a really big piece that took up a lot of time, but the main reason is because I was scared.
 I was very nervous about burning the corner of this photograph in just the right way.  I wasn't sure how it would burn, and I if it would look burnt afterwards. I wanted to make sure that there was no doubt that it was burnt.
Fortunately the photo paper burned just as I had hoped, slowly.  I managed to burn a good chunk of the bottom right corner, and I even managed to paint up the matt as I had wanted.  Now it's just a question of mixing up a big batch of fake melted marshmallow and hoping it drips just right.

CC

No comments: